Late Score Costs Parsippany Pirates Against Blacksox
- Parsippany Pirates lost the lead late in a 5-4 defeat to Blacksox on Sunday. Blacksox was down 2-1 in the top of the fifth inning when John Giacchi induced Alex Edelman to hit into a fielder's choice, but two runs scored.
- Parsippany Pirates lost despite out-hitting Blacksox seven to five.
- Blacksox fired up the offense in the first inning. Nick Gogic drew a walk, scoring one run.
- In the bottom of the first inning, Parsippany Pirates tied things up at one. Brian Corea hit into a fielder's choice, scoring one run.
- Ben Sanzone led things off on the hill for Blacksox. He lasted seven innings, allowing seven hits and four runs while striking out five.
- Giacchi was on the pitcher's mound for Parsippany Pirates. He lasted five innings, allowing four hits and five runs while striking out five. Chris Janiec threw two innings out of the bullpen.
- Robert Serritella led Parsippany Pirates with two hits in two at bats.